Dec 2, 2004
Future skill sets needed for Indian industry
The Businessworld issue (registration required) also points to the talents and skills companies will most fight over. So if you are still graduating from college you can figure out what to do.
According to the article skills most in demand would be:
1. Analytics (for BPO, Banking and Insurance industries)
2. Scientific Research & Development (for Pharma and Biotech)
3. Sourcing, supply chain and merchandising (for retail , FDI in which might explode growth!)
4. Trainers (for BPO, retail and insurance) - That sounds good news to moi !
5. Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Process integration specialists as Indian manufacturing goes out global for growth.
Of course the inddustries driving these growths would be IT, ITES, Pharma, Biotech, Banking , Insurance , Retail and Manufacturing.
Good times ahead in the new year !
HR Issues Social Media Organization Development consulting career management business blogging recruiting strategy talent learning innovation leadership management Organizations 2.0 HR2.0 Knowledge Management Social Business networking training talent work skills employment branding Enterprise social software Human resources Social Networking india marketing Enterprise 2.0 business books Employment news Twitter future Business Online Communities communication Social network jobs Facebook personal branding HR professionals network Strategic management Interview Job Search LinkedIn Talent management Community Community Management Recruitment personal the imagence partners Competencies Employee engagement Social Enterprise collaboration Education and Training entrepreneurship salaries Social web Virtual community youth Employee Relations socialmedia lifestreaming coaching Human resource management Knowledge base Sexual harassment Trial and error satyam