Jan 27, 2005

The BPO industry and effect on Indian youth

Rashmi has a brilliant post on the effect the BPO industry is having on the Indian youth.

And here's my comment on that:

The imperative is for these kids to translate whatever skills they are getting in call centres (like persuation ability, patience, communications etc) and making that translateable across industries. Believe it or not, I was a hotel management grad before my MBA and I notice a lot of my hotel management juniors not joining the industry but opting for BPO jobs...why? Relatively same skills required (high service orientation, night shifts, patience) but the money is much better.The day other professions (remember Eureka Forbes sales guys?) like hotels start to match BPO salaries these kids will be able to move between industries much more fluently !

No comments:

Post a Comment