Feb 25, 2005

Careerjournal resources

Interesting site from Careerjournal the WSJ site. It offers various salary levels of consulting professionals like:


Management Consultants
Consulting-Firm Professionals
Recruiter Consultants by Experience
Recruiter Consultants by Specialty
Management-Consulting-Company Professionals

Go ahead, take a look. The data is primarily US centric, but offers a good perspective. Specially these two recent articles:

Consulting Firms Court New M.B.A. Recruits
A Consulting Rebound Leads To Turnover and Higher Pay

Some recent consulting movements in India (from ET)

Vivek Bali, a former principal at AT Kearney, has joined Star TV after a stint at the consulting firm. Interestingly this is Star’s second hire from the consulting world, last year they hired Nitin Atroley, from E&Y to look after the corporate affairs. It seems the exodus from consulting firms is just not stopping, and corporate India can’t have enough of them.

Aviva and Ravi Bhoothalingam from Oberoi Hotels, have been brought in by headhunting startup Transearch, to consult for them. With so many movements in India Inc, it’s not surprising that even headhunting firms are looking around for new people and that too from outside the industry. Even Stanton Chase has brought in a fresh recruit from Exxon Mobil to head the Delhi office.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gautam,
    I have been reading your blog ever since it was nominated in the IndiBloggies list for this year. Now it is on my daily bookmarks list. I must say that your blog is truly useful resource for mgmt info.

    About me, my name is Jeffrey and I'm from Mumbai. I have been in Ireland for the past 5 years and I work in the IT sector. Being an engineering graduate like most of my peers I seriously toyed with the idea of doing an MBA within the first couple of years of passing out. However this overseas opportunity came and I took it. Now 5 years have passed and I feel that I have inadequate qualifications hence the MBA bug is again starting to bite me.


    Any ideas as to how an MBA can improve the life of an IT manager?. I have no intention of switching functional domains by moving into Marketing or Finance.

    Regards,
    Jeffrey.

    alapattj at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeffrey

    You can read this article I wrote on the subject

    http://www.cioljobs.com/resources/CRdisplay.asp?id=275

    regards
    Gautam

    ReplyDelete