Aug 31, 2005

Endorsements on your resume?

Today I got a mail from an ex-colleague asking me if he could use the endorsement I had written for him on Linkedin, on his resume.

And sure enough, in his attached resume there was a section titled "Endorsements for me on Linkedin.com" and there was my quote.

So has Linkedin fundamentally altered our concept of a resume? Or is my friend an experimentative innovator? If you were a hiring manager, how would you react to a resume with endorsements? Let me know.

And oh yes, if you are looking for a senior KM professional based in the UK/Europe my friend would be a great fit !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gautam,

    I very much feel that with sites like Linkedin.con can change the face of recruitment in another 5 years.

    For e.g. we are in a very niche area in the field of analytics and linkedin does help us in getting to great talent worldwide.

    Regards,

    Sucharith

    ReplyDelete