Aug 1, 2006

The bible for going it alone

The Asia Pacific headhunter posts this week on this blog as part of the Recruiting BlogSwap !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having just read Gautam's big news on going it alone. I think it is necessary that I pass a recommendation for one of the best things I read when I started up my business, Search Niche, four years ago. The Bootstrappers Bible by Seth Godin has been with me since then. I am one of the people who actually paid real money for it! Seth actually started giving it away not so long ago and you can buy it here for less than $3. Or if your Google-fu is up to scratch you can probably find it for free online somewhere. Seth's advice is for any Bootstrapper who takes the jump to go it alone and live their dreams. It won't matter if you are in Bangalore or Budapest.

Here are a few of my favourite lines to get you warmed up:

Tape this to your bathroom mirror and read it out loud every night before you go to bed.

I am a bootstrapper, I have initiative and insight and guts, but not much money.
I am in it for the long haul. Building a business that will last separates me from the opportunists, and is an investment in my brand and my future.
Surviving is succeeding, and each day that goes by makes it easier still for me to reach my goals.

A true bootstrapper worries about survival all the time. Why? Because if you fail, it's back to company cubicles, to work you do for someone else until you can get enough together to try again. And YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE GAME.

Good luck Gautam from The Asia Pacific Headhunter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Steven. And for those of you, dear readers who haven't visited his blog, Steven's blog gives you information on Headhunting, Recruiting, Executive Search and Careers across the Pacific Rim!

No comments:

Post a Comment