Don't stretch things till the eleventh hour, says Teresa Amabile.
She also busted 5 other myths of creativity, which are:
1. Creativity Comes From Creative Types
2. Money Is a Creativity Motivator
3. Fear Forces Breakthroughs - " we found that creativity is positively associated with joy and love and negatively associated with anger, fear, and anxiety. The entries show that people are happiest when they come up with a creative idea, but they're more likely to have a breakthrough if they were happy the day before. "
4. Competition Beats Collaboration
5. A Streamlined (or Downsized) Organization Is a Creative
So if you want your organization to be creative then focus on collaboration and trust, and make employees happy and not stressed !
That sounds like a great place to work !