Dec 5, 2006

Indian Youth - a puzzle

Desh wonders why Indian Youth are the Happiest in the World but Still want to Emigrate?

Well it's been a long time since I was young (heh. I am 33 now and old by blogging standards [whoo....there goes my small readership!]) so I can only speculate about the reasons for this apparent disconnect.

Happiness would be more of an intrinsic issue for people. It is not as context dependent as we think it is.

However, emigration is mostly linked to external factors for a lot of people, IMHO. The need to make more money and work for something that makes use of one's full qualifications and experience.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Like you said, happiness is intrinsic. Want for emigration is usually because of combination of misconceptions about abroad and misinformation about local opportunities. I would look at happiness as the truth and wish to emigrate as a fad. I consider interactions with rest of the world a necessity today, but not emigration.

    ReplyDelete