Dec 18, 2006

Notional losses and change in writing style

Well there are two things I want to share with you.

First, that I lost a big chunk of blog consulting and training business, because the HR head who was my contact moved to a different job. Normally, that would not have caused any issue, as the new firm might have been the place which would then be more open to my services.

Except for the fact that he's moved to Dubai and says that a lot of blogging sites are blocked by the government there.

Tough luck.

The second fact is that a publication wanted me to write an article on any HR topic. I chose Leadership Development as my topic. They mailed me that the article could be 2500-4000 words long.

When I started writing, I suddenly realised that thanks to blogging I have started to edit out verbose text. Suddenly the whole article could be written in less than 500 words ! Now 2500 seems like a huge unreachable goal. Forget 4000 !

Tomorrow is my deadline. Wish me strength, as I try to add more words to the article. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment