Training Magazine, last night, announced the Top 125 companies for learning and Satyam (in whose lerning centre I worked from 1999-2002 :-)) is ranked #15. It is the first ever company in Asia to make the rankings. Another company I worked with is ranked number 25 :D
The Training Top 125 is based on quantitative and qualitative data. The quantitative date (conducted by an outside research and statistical company and directed by Training Magazine) accounts for 75% of the total score. Those measures include: annual revenue, number of employees, employee turnover/retention, training budget, budget as a percent of payroll, among other data provided. The qualitative data (25 percent of the total score) is measured by the editors of Training Magazine, a subjective look at the company's overall application, i.e. best practices, new training initiatives, leadership development, talent management, onboarding, and much more.
According to Training Magazine, "this information technology solutions provider's(satyam's) approach is to develop basic, written and verbal communication skills at entry level, and progressively provide additional skills to enable associates to make business presentations and proposals. Programs help associates communicate effectively in their current role and prepare for the challenges of future roles. Instruction is delivered through a blend of e-learning, and instructor-led and peer learning modules. Each module has an evaluation process built into it to make sure they've really learned."
Winners are as follows:
1. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
2. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
3. EMC Corporation
4. Verizon Wireless
5. General Mills, Inc.
6. Ernst & Young
7. KPMG LLP
8. Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
9. Booz Allen Hamilton
10. Export Development
11. Lockheed Martin Corporation
12. Scotiabank Group
13. Cerner Corporation
14. SCC Soft Computer
15. Satyam Computer Services Ltd.
19. Microsoft Corporation
20. inVentiv Commercial Services
22. BMO Financial Group
23. Aetna Inc.
24. South African Breweries Limited
25. Deloitte & Touche USA LLP and its subsidiaries
26. David Weekley Homes
27. Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
28. MGM Grand Hotel -
29. Scottsdale Insurance Company (SIC)
30. Children's Healthcare of
32. Allstate Insurance Company
33. TAP Pharmaceutical Products Inc.
34. Paychex, Inc.
35. Four Seasons Hotels, Ltd.
36. HSBC -
37. Alltel Communications, Inc.
38. Wells Fargo & Company
40. BB&T Corporation
42. AlliedBarton Security Services
43. The Home Depot
44. Special People In Northeast, Inc. (SPIN, Inc.)
45. BÖWE BELL + HOWELL
46. Aflac Incorporated
47. First Pioneer Farm Credit, ACA (Agricultural Credit Association)
49. Steelcase, Inc.
51. The Reynolds and Reynolds Company
52. John Wieland Homes and Neighborhoods
54. Capital One Financial
55. Starbucks Coffee Company
56. American Power Conversion
57. Northwest Airlines, Inc.
58. Windstream Communications
59. DaVita, Inc.
60. Applied Materials, Inc.
61. Cartus Corporation
62. Equity Residential
63. Mohawk Industries, Inc.
68. The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
69. A.G. Edwards & Sons, Inc.
70. Intel Corp.
71. AMIL ASSISTÊNCIA MÉDICA INTERNACIONAL LTDA
72. Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
73. J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc
74. Royal Canadian Mounted Police
75. Loews Hotels Corporation
77. American Fidelity Assurance Company
78. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of
79. Cox Communications Inc.
80. Baptist Health Care
82. Ho-Chunk Casino
83. Cross Country Staffing
84. ESL Federal Credit Union
85. Johnson Controls, Inc.
87. MassMutual Life Insurance Company
88. Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
89. Principal Financial Group
90. QUALCOMM Incorporated
91. American Express
92. Choice Hotels International
93. IKON Office Solutions
94. Westfield Group
95. Detroit Diesel Corporation
97. PAETEC Communications, Inc.
98. Healthways, Inc.
99. Scottrade, Inc.
100. Oakwood Worldwide
101. Verity Credit Union
102. Vision Service Plan
103. Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.
104. Schneider National, Inc.
105. Best Buy
106. Unisys Corporation Managed Services Centres (MSC)
107. Edward Jones
108. MasterCard Worldwide
109. Allied Global Holdings Inc.
110. Convergys Corporation
111. Carilion Health System
113. Orkin, Inc.
115. FORUM Credit Union
116. Constellation Energy Group
117. Science Applications International Corporation
118. IKEA US
119. Century 21 Real Estate LLC
120. ArchivesOne, Inc.
121. Caterpillar Inc.
124. UT-Battelle LLC
125. Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
That seems like an awesome achievement. Next year I hope more and more Indian firms start to participate in the rankings. Last year's winner, Booz Allen Hamilton has fallen to number nine, after it's CLO joined Satyam.