Feb 22, 2007

Statistics and Analytics

I never thought I'd become such a metrics nut but I have a confession to make. I use several different site statistics free services like GoStats, Sitemeter and of course Bloglines, Technorati and Feedburner stats to keep track of how this blog is doing, how people a discovering it, what are they reading, etc etc.

However ever since I managed to get my Google Analytics working I don't think I'll even use Clicky, forget GoStats and Sitemeter. The analytics from Google gives one so much sophisticated data that ideally one should be using it for e-commerce sites, not for blogs.

I am totally blown away at the way Google can give away such services for free. This application makes even Gmail look simple !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gautam,

    There is no doubt that Google has a lot of stats crammed into their service. However, I'm sure that you will find some of the features with GoStats setup better and overall easier to use. Don't underestimate the near-realtime reporting and usefulness of the GoStats reports. Please send me an email if there is a killer feature from Google which is not found in GoStats. support@gostats.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gautam. I just registered and put the tracking code into my template.

    The number and range of reports took my breath away. Do we need/will we be able to track them? Phew!

    Any idea how to find the keywords applicable to our blogs? And is it worthwhile to register for adwords to increase traffic of a blog?

    ReplyDelete