Donald Taylor compiles a list of 120 'top' terms that Learning & Development professionals should know and asks what should be added to it?
Here is my list to add to Don's:
- Learning Objectives - What is the overarching learning objective for a program? Most organizations put a "laundry list" of 8-10 learning objectives from a program that lasts 2-3 days. What are the two key learnings you'd like participants to take away?
- Performance Consulting - I notice Don has Performance Improvement and Support in his list, but Performance Consulting enables a L&D person to diagnose the issue better.
- Case Study - An often undermined way to facilitate learning.
- Role Play - The closest that you can get to real life and experiment with different modes of behavior.
- Human Process - Understanding where the group is and what are the processes that are playing under the surface.
What would you add to Don's list?