Aug 21, 2007

Mobile Phone Blues

It was a tough weekend for me as I managed to dunk my mobile phone in water and therefore lost most of my contact list :(

So just mail me your contact numbers at gautam.ghosh.1999 at alumni.xlri.ac.in

I utilised this opportunity to upgrade my phone too :D. That I did by scrapping two good friends who work at Nokia and giving my requirements (which basically was "reliable phone under Rs 10,000") - their verdict was unanimous - Go for the Nokia 6300. It's a sleek phone and comes with email and a free Opera browser too.

This model also has a Nokia PC suite so backing my address book and other data onto my PC and then on to the web shouldn't be an issue :-)

The other thing I noticed the two days I was without a mobile ("immobile" ;-)?) was that I didn't have too much idea about the time because my mobile phone also doubles up as my watch, alarm clock and notes application. Hmm, are traditional watch manufacturers seeing mobiles as competition? I don't think so...



EmployeescreenIQ provides background checks to employers worldwide.

3 comments:

  1. Do share your feedback on Nokia 6300. Heard that battery back up is not satisfactory. It comes around for 2 days unlike other Nokias which give you around 4 days(including stand by and talktime).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mobiles have been/are a threat to watchmakers. Thats the reason why most watch manufacturers are moving from being basic time telling watches to fashion statements..

    ReplyDelete