Nov 6, 2007

How to make money from blogs

Have been quoted in the Outlook Money article written by Anagh Pal: How to make money from blogs

I feel really honored to be featured in the article along with bloggers of the stature of Kiruba Shankar, Saakshi Juneja, Aaman Lamba, Amit Agarwal. Read the article if you want to understand the basics of making some money from blogging. But remember, the most important factor would be good quality content. Quality content only comes when one is passionate as well as knowledgeable about what one is writing about.

Blogging really is very text based right now. So grammar and quality of writing is a huge factor right now.

Of course, I'm not really in the league of the above mentioned bloggers, either regarding the traffic I get or the money I make from advertising on the blog. Since this blog is a niche one in the business and HR space I'm really not really looking at making it broad based, though that would get me more hits.

There's always a paradox when I sit down to write a new post. Should I write it for my regular readers, who know my POV and understand where I come from, or should I write it for the person who is probably reading this blog for the first time?

Google Analytics and other blog and feed stats applications only give one so much data.

What would you suggest, dear readers? The regular readers as well as the first time readers...


Find out more about Hispanic Recruiting at LatPro.com.

4 comments:

  1. Dude!

    It's like asking, if a company needs to look for new customers or just be happy with the existing ones!

    So you're just happy with your existing clients?

    You need more, dont you?

    Follow me on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I feel really honored to be featured in the article along with bloggers of the stature of Kiruba Shankar, Aaman Lamba, Amit Agarwal."

    Believe me I feel the same. :-)

    Can't say much on this but from personal experience I believe it's best to write what you wanna write..and not what others (old ones or first timers) expect you to.

    At the end of it all, if you enjoy your own blog...it really doesn't matter whether others do or not.

    Just my two cents. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you have to say about Sakshi's comment Gautam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tell me more specifically about making blogs popular. money is not that important.

    does keywords and other SEO techniques matter as in websites. if yes, the creative aspect of the blog is faded.

    please suggest.

    ReplyDelete