Nov 26, 2008

Introducing White Spaces

Good news folks!

The new name of this blog is "White Spaces"

White Space, in an organizational context, in my view, is the space outside the boxes in the organizational chart. The focus is on recognizing that we need not be 'boxed' in by our roles, but that we can be much more than that.

Wikipedia also tells me of there are many meanings of White Space




So there folks, as I reflect this blog is also the White Space in my life. It doesn't fit into my other roles, traditionally of being a Consultant/Father/Spouse/Son - but something my passion for organizational theory, HR and writing has created.

Tell me how you like it :-)

4 comments:

  1. Ah well, I was going to offer a couple of ideas given below but none as profound as the chosen one! Like White Space for its relevance to design layouts and your emphasis on thinking outside our roles…

    For some time now, your blog has been a window to me to many absorbing ideas for achieving both individual and organisational excellence…but while describing your site to friends and family, I find it easier to use a generalist label and call it ‘everything HR.’ Then, I also find a rare blend of technology and people orientation in your views…so following these drifts, I’d in mind:

     Towards Excellence
     More than just enough
     3Ps of HR: People Performance Perfection
     Everything HR
     TechnoHR
     HumanResourcesology
     OD to OD: Organisation Development to Overall Development

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.

    I like the way that you use your white space. It's a good name for the blog.

    You really make a difference in the world.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, now that we have our first black President.

    ReplyDelete