Image of 2020 SocialOften people wonder - sure there are people discussing our firm and brand on various social networking platforms like Twitter, Blogs and discussion forums, but how can we quantify it? How are we perceived overall? What are the themes people talk about? And is it mostly positive or negative?
So we at 2020 Social decided to do a little experiment.
We took a look at all the India based conversations on the social web which mentioned 5 Indian IT companies - Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Patni Computers over a period of one month (March 2010) and then analysed them.
The findings were quite interesting.
We found that the themes that these conversations could be classified in the following areas: Relating to HR, Culture, Leadership and News items.
Most of these mentions (86%) were overwhelmingly in microblogs followed by discussion forums and then by blogs.
Most mentions were around news items, followed by Culture and HR
Take Aways from the report:
- There is a lot of discussion about IT firms related to work and HR related subjects .
- There is little or no engagement that the organizations are taking to connect with influencers and to drive the conversations
- Whatever the representation these firms have on the social web , is primarily driven by corporate communications
- We believe that HR and Recruitment groups who own the perception of the Employment Brand must engage with the conversations
- These conversations should be linked to an online platform where people can connect with subject matter experts and recruiters and to get to know first hand information about the firm.
If you'd like to blog about the report, , we can send it to you. Send me an email at email@example.com with "IT Brands Report" in the subject line