Jun 29, 2010

Leaving 2020 Social and Available for Hire

2020 Social SalonImage by Gauravonomics via Flickr
30th June is my last day as an employee at 2020 Social. It's been a short tenure - of eight months - and I have enjoyed being here and learning and adding some value to the Talent and Employee Communities practice.

However, we realised over the course of the last 8 months that the market in India is really not ready to embrace the consulting services that we were offering - namely internal employee communities within the Enterprise and Talent Communities to help in Recruiting and Employer Branding.

Yes, we kept getting inquiries still about it - but not enough to justify having two people @ksarda and me working on it. However, if you need an employee/talent community built - @2020social can still do it - Kaushal Sarda had earlier built a startup in the Enterprise Collaboration space.

Personally I think I learnt a lot - thinking and blogging about Building Open Organizations leveraging social technologies. Leadership, Organizational Culture and Structure, Employee Roles and on motivating them, Use Cases of Talent Communities and a more Social HR and a Social Media Workshop for CXOs were some of the areas I worked on, and I think I even coined a new term "Social Employee Relationship Management" :-)

However, in the end, it's not what I have learnt that will matter- but the great folks I worked with, Gaurav Mishra or as he's better known @gauravonomics and @evansdave - Two thought leaders and I have learnt a lot from both of them. @abha_arora worked with me on this practice and is a perso I hope to work with again sometime in my career. Fellow cartoonists @kgopal and @ksarda. Then there were @ankursuri1 @hardeepkrai @divyauttam and @mohitverma @upasanataku and @freddie_b who made the office a joy to be in.

So I'm looking for my next gig - it might be consulting, might be line HR, might be something in the Social space. Here's my Linkedin profile, let me know if you have a job for me :-)
Enhanced by Zemanta