In his latest book “The One Thing You Need to Know... About Great Managing, Great Leading and Sustained Individual Success” Marcus Buckingham focuses on a few great leaders and examines how clarity has characterized their success. According to the author, all top leaders:
- Possess a clear vision of a better future that forces them to act and inspires confidence in staff
- Paint a vivid path to the future, reducing fear of the unknown
- Clearly state who will judge the company’s success
- Identify the company’s one key winning edge and focus on it
- Establish a simple way of scoring success
- Act both symbolically and systematically to change behavior patterns.