He specializes in the areas of HR, Organization Development and how businesses can leverage Social Media for Organizational Learning and Employee Engagement.
He was the Platform Evangelist and India Marketing Lead at BraveNewTalent till August 2012. And before that was with Social Business firm 2020 Social where he led the Talent practice, looking at how organizations can build talent pipelines and internal employee engagement and development using such tools.
Gautam's experience in the corporate world was as a HR Manager at Deloitte Consulting and earlier in the HR and Learning & Development function in organizations like Dell, Hewlett Packard and Satyam Computer Services.
Gautam loves teaching and mentoring young HR professionals and has been a visiting faculty at an Indian B School also.
One of India’s earliest bloggers (since 2002) – he’s blogged about HR, Work, Career issues consistently for the last 8 years and is seen as a thought leader in these areas. ( the 2nd most influential online in Talent Management, the 6th in HR and the 4th most in Enterprise Social Media ) and is based out of Lucknow, India.
Gautam has given talks on "Blogging for Business" at organizations. He's frequently quoted in the press as an authority on business blogging. If you want to interview him or invite him to speak at a conference, mail him at gautam dot ghosh at gamil.com or call at +91-98731-41236.
Gautam's blog has been listed by HRWorld amongst the top 25 HR blogs worldwide the top 50 HR Blogs to watch in 2009 by EvenCarmichael.com and also amongst the Career 100 - a list of the top 100 career related blogs globally in the English language. His blog is also featured on the Alltop Careers and Alltop India categories. Earlier the blog has been featured as a case study in the book Business Blogs: A Practical Guide
Recognition for blogging:
- Top 100 Influencers in HR
- 50 HR blogs to watch in 2010
- 50 Best Blogs for HR wisdom by Career Overview
- Top 50 HR Blogs by educational website Masters in Human Resources
- The Career 100 list compiled by RiseSmart
- 75 Best Business Blogs of 2009 by Businesspundit.com
- HRWorld's top 25 HR Blogs
- Labnol's List of Best Indian Bloggers
- EvanCarmichael.com's Top 50 HR Blogs
- Top 100 Career Advice Blogs
- 2004 Indiblog of the year
- Panelist on HR and Industry 4.0 at XLRI National HR Conference 2020 and moderator of the panel on Gig Economy
- Panelist on Enterprise Social at India Social 2010, New Delhi
- Panelist on Enterprise 2.0 at Nasscom Product Conclave, 2011, Bangalore
- Speaker on Social Recruiting at the World HRD Congress 2012 at Mumbai
- Speaker at the Milagrow Bimtech 4th Marketing Summit on how Small and Medium Enterprises can use Social Media
- Speaker on Social Recruiting at IndiaSocial 2012 at New Delhi
- Rated as the 3rd most Influential HR professional on Social Media by SHRM India in March 2012
- Speaker on Recruiting 2.0 at People Matters Talent Acquisition Conference
- Speaker on Gamification at the Social Media in Talent Management conference
- Panelist at the Social Media and HR panel at SHRM India's First, People Conference in 2012, Goa
- Published an article on “Leadership Development” in the February 2006 issue of “Effective Executive” published by the ICFAI University Press.
- Published an article on “Talent Acquisition using the internet” in the February 2006 issue of “Consultants News” in the US.
- Article in the HRD Newsletter on Virtual Communities, 2000.
- A Case Study analysis in the HR magazine “Human Capital”, January 2006.
- Published HR related articles online at HR.com and Cybermediadice.com
- The blog has also been featured in the book Business Blogs: A Practical Guide written by ex-Accenture, USA KM Practice Leader, William Ives and Amanda Watlington
- Won the 3rd prize in the Young HR Managers Conference for a paper written on 'The HR and IT partnership at Satyam' as part of the National HRD Network's Conference in New Delhi, 1999
- Case Study Analysis for BusinessWorld magazine on marketing through blogging, March 2007.
- Paulwriter.com: 5 Steps to Building an Employer Brand
- Guest Column on Social Media and HR in People Matters, Dec, 2010
- BlogAdda interview
- Lionsher interview
- CTO Forum interview