Jun 2, 2005

Social networking knowledge

I've been a member of Linkedin from a long time, but only recently I have found out that there is a huge community of people who have taken the time and effort to share best practices about how to use linkedin to further extend their network and business success.

These are:

Go ahead, check them out. In case you are wondering why should anyone connect to anyone out of one's strong connections, here is a good article to read, The Strength of Weak Ties (and in a pdf format) by Granovetter.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Gautam. I would not have thought to look in yahoo groups for this content. I'm also a Linkedin member, and both Michael Specht and I have blogged on on-line networks in recent months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gaut. I appreciate your having linked to me on OpenBC and LinkedIn. But come to think of it, I actually sent you a request for contact last week and didn't hear back. Canadian Headhunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a tension between social networks and actually *networking* where you learn who people are and can trust their professionalism and trust them with *your* reputation (which applies because a bad recommendation reflects on you too). I chew on this at my own site, actually:

    http://www.intuitive.com/blog/expanding_the_limits_of_social_networking_my_linkedin_power_forum.html

    ps; I'm also a member of LinkedInBloggers and MPLF.

    ReplyDelete