Jun 20, 2006

Copy paste a full blog?

This is very strange.

I saw a link from technorati from a blog called "Human Resources in Iran"...curiosity piqued, I hopped over to the blog, excited that there was a English language blog on HR from Iran and which would give some insight on what's happening there.

However, when I went there I discovered that it was a mirror image of my own blog- Go ahead check it yourself !!


I really don't know if I should be offended or be flattered.

Oh, by the way, I am adding Joel's CheezAds to my posts. Let me know if you feel they are obstrusive in any way !






You'll find entry level jobs at College Recruiter.

6 comments:

  1. Very strange.Is it a software that is replicating your blog,and changing the title. The contents are exactly the same.It even says your name,phone number.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats gr8,u have readers in Iran too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are now world famous in Iran, Gautam. go ahead and feel flattered :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were you, I'd be worried, given that you are running AdSense ads on your blog. Google will see the mirrored content and, at the very least, penalize your page ranking for duplicate content. I suppose it is possible they might even suspend your AdSense account for violating the terms of agreement.

    As the "stolen" content is powered by Blogger (a Google service) and hosted on Blogspot, I'd think about reporting it to Blogger and AdSense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gautam,

    If you go to the site mirror - it is frozen in time with no updates since 6/11/06. I think I mentioned before that the archives are bogus as well.

    The rss feed coming from this site worries me as it contains "posts" that clearly are not yours and they have ad links in them. I hadn't even thought about the AdSense consequences that your other reader brought up.

    Did you get the screen capture that I sent over? I will resend if not! This is the weirdest case of spamming / plagerism that I have seen in the blogosphere. I have been searching on google to see if other people have experienced something like this - but nothing yet.

    Hope you can get this straightened out.

    ReplyDelete