Jul 13, 2006

The big question - one blog or many?

Wendy ponders over some questions that people who maintain multiple blogs frequently come across. She asks us:

Do you want to hear about internet marketing and work and kids? Or do you
also want to know about what it takes to keep yourself motivated day after day
when there is no boss to hold you accountable? And what to do to if you start
getting really depressed because you are stuck in a basement office with no
light and you can’t get out because you don’t have a sitter for days on end?


Sometimes when the audience is very different it pays to keep the blogs separate. But if the audience gains from both perspectives one could think of merging the blogs together. My blogs don't have any overlapping content so I keep them separate.

Do go thorough other posts also, specially if you are a solopreneur !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gautam - thanks for the boost! By the way, I am heading towards mergeing the two sites and blogs into a more cohesive site - yet will likely still need to keep parts separate. Due to some creative thinking (I know you have a great article on your blog about that somewhere... ;) ) I have been brainstorming all day on the ways to make this work for my audience and for myself. You are 100% correct that if the content doesn't overlap, it doesn't make much sense to merge. It's why I created the eMoms blog in the first place!

    ReplyDelete