Oct 2, 2006

On Findability

A contact recently mailed me from the US calling me "India's well known OD consultant"

That made me feel embarassed, like I was someone caught playing someone else's act. I have a long way to travel in my journey as a OD professional, to gain skills even one-hundredth of people like him, him, him, her, him or him.

But then I realised as Terry says, that in this internet world, Findability may be crucial to success. So you could refer to me as "one of India's most findable OD consultants" :-) I promise to myself that I won't be embarassed for too long.

1 comment:

  1. Well i was carrying out an intensive search over the internet for some schoolmates using google to the hilt!One such name search got 34 hits out of which i was sure one should be this classmates of mine. So i decided to explore these 'FINDS" through direct emails using the email address available in the public domain.

    One US based IT professional working for a top MNC with an Oriental name was apparently miffed that i could reach him and asked me to remove his name from my list...I never had one! I gently told him that there are 34 hits on that name and went on to give him his public profile he left on a popular site(Like GG's!).

    Brings us to the question of identity management if not privacy.And the word privacy should not be streched too far too!

    ReplyDelete