This is the rough draft of the outline of my proposed article on Leadership Development.
Any idea what I could add to it?
I. The shortage of Leadership Talent in India today.
- What is leadership?
- How is leadership different from management?
- How to meet the challenge of the leadership talent crunch.
- Build the bench strength for leadership
- Look at competencies for leadership
- Look the future competencies and business changes
- Decide how many would be hired externally and how many internally
- Build leadership development into the fabric of talent management.
- Leadership development is not a standalone activity
- Look at leadership when
- Attracting talent
- Motivating talent
- Promoting talent
- Compensating talent
- Understand that leadership development is not the HR function’s responsibility
- It needs to be the leadership’s mission
- Board members and function heads need to own leadership development in their domains.
- Business needs to define different kinds of leadership
- Functional leadership
- Business leadership – general management
- Global leadership
- A leader is not a superman. He/She needs to be supported
- Backup leaders
- Two in a box