Jan 4, 2007

Showcase your expertise

You can add another tip to the earlier post on networking.

Now Linkedin has a function for people to showcase their expertise called Linkedin Answers.

It seems like a potential killer-app. You even get voted as an expert if your answers are useful to those who are asking them.

If they link it to a person's public profile, that will add more dimension to existing 'recommendations' at Linkedin. I'm sure that is in the offing.

What Linkedin is also doing by this is giving people a reason to return to the site again and again, thereby also adding value to their advertisers. It's a great initiative, something that was missing in the late Google Answers. What I would like is a RSS feed in each of the categories too :-)

By the way, my Linkedin Profile is here.

1 comment:

  1. I love this application. Actually, I've loved this kind of application since I first saw AskMe back in about 1999. But the combination with your trusted LinkedIn network and the existing profiles there is what makes it really compelling.

    Answers was plagued with spam at first, but they seem to have started getting a handle on it. I do think it's a cool feature, but I'm also disappointed that they overlooked a few basic things, like flagging, search, filtering, etc. I'll still gladly use it, but I hope to see some improvements in the near future.

    ReplyDelete