MBA blogger Biswajit Das points me to this post about McKinsey Reports Businesses Loving Web 2.0... Except Blogs
That sounds a bit familiar to me.
Most of the arguments I have heard against blogs in organizations is:
- Are you sure that grown-up people read blogs?
- You mean, grown-up, employed people?
- What? I can't outsource this blog thing to my ad agency? I have to spend time to do it?
- How do I monetize this then?
- What? I have to turn out content...and, good content? What's good?
- You mean, I can't buy these backlinks stuff to push up my rankings?
- What do you mean, blog about my business? What if my competitor starts to read my blog and gets some ideas?
- Let my people blog? Are you crazy? In these days of talent shortage and trigger-happy headhunters?
- How will this blog help me cut costs and raise productivity?
- It'll help me get closer to customers? Are you crazy? We're trying to push them away! Our focus is to make sales?
- What do you mean, it's a short-term focus? Look dude, I am here to meet my numbers... otherwise I'm going to be the one looking for a job..