Jun 30, 2007

Eight random things

Nimmy has tagged me, so here goes, eight random things about me:

  1. Someday I hope to write a book, dunno what kind of a book, maybe fiction, maybe management and careers related. But, someday...
  2. I've always dreamed of pursuing a PhD, another dream for another day...maybe..
  3. I am a Harry Potter fan, and have already pre-booked my copy of the 7th book, which comes out on 21st July. Am waiting impatiently for 3 weeks to pass :-)
  4. Am a big DC Comics fan, and have already ordered two classic books, The Dark Knight Returns, and Kingdom Come via Barnes & Noble. I wish there was a DC Comic with Frank Miller's writing skills and Alex Ross' artwork. I'd pay a premium for that graphic novel !
  5. I've taken some risks with my career and have experienced first-hand the learning that risks will bring reward. Mostly more than you hoped for :-)
  6. I believe that one's media consumption habits constantly need to be changed, so that one always knows what's happening in the peripheries. That's important. That's where innovation comes from.
  7. I love helping people and groups learn to change. Maybe that's the basic need that has driven my career decisions.
  8. I prefer being an optimist, and my motto in life echos John Naisbitt's statement - "What a fabulous time to be alive"
So here's passing on this tag to eight friends:

Dipta - Who I am sure will talk about Kolkata and Bollywood, if he accepts the tag ;-)
Soumitra - friend from school who apart from his day job, plays the guitar in Gurgaon, professionally.
Abhijit - who just had a great vacation and is making us envious with all those perfect pictures.
Vulturo - We know so many random things about him, that we'd love to know 8 more :-)
Shivam - 8 more things on the National Highway, please?
Evil HR Lady - who's now a PHR. Yay ! Congrats!
Abhishek - An entrepreneur who blogs. Just like
Sanjeev - yeah the same one who's asking you to revolt against Hari Sadu.

The rules....
-Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
-People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment