Sep 5, 2007

On Teacher's Day

On Teacher's Day, here's wishing all teachers and trainers all the best for developing today and tomorrow's innovators and creators.

And also hoping that teachers and trainers take some time out to develop themselves. Our tomorrow is dependent on that :-)

Some great thoughts on learning courtesy Don Clark's page:

Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Gandhi

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates

You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself. - Galileo Galilei

Learning is not a spectator sport. - D. Blocher

The only kind of learning which significantly influences behavior is self-discovered or self-appropriated learning - truth that has been assimilated in experience. - Carl Rogers

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. - Albert Einstein

Learning without thought is labor lost. Thought without learning is intellectual death. - Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. - Dudley Field Malone

No comments:

Post a Comment