Advorto, a UK based HR recruiting software company, has put together a free guide to online recruitment and they are making it available on registering some details if you visit http://www.advorto.com/guide.
Some of the areas the guide covers and are usually ignored by organizations are:
- Start with your career site - It's pathetic to see the bad quality of career sites that organizations employ. Marketing and Corporate Communications should be talking to IT and HR to make it a showcase to future employees.
- Consider other sites - Apart from the job sites, are there industry sites where your potential audience hangs out, virtually?
- Use your intranet, it’s free!
- Start a candidate e-newsletter - I gave this idea to a previous employer, got an award for it, but I don't think they have yet implemented it. And today I'd add to offer the newsletter by RSS feed too.
- Create an online referral system
- Consider using social networks
- Add a recruitment blog to your site