Jun 8, 2005

I've caught it...!

The book tag that's spreading like a virus across the blogosphere...it was passed on to me by the Canadian Headhunter, again showing how dangerous these viruses are, physical proximity be damned ;-)) !

As the CH explains: It's all part of a mean (or is it meme? -GG) game that's going round the blogosphere. They send you a list of questions and you have to confess and contaminate five others to get out. (Or God punishes you).

Here goes:

Number of books I own: around 150....counting my children's story books, they would number 250!

Last book I bought: The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh (no relative of mine!). It's a great book about human longing and love in the midst of swampy mangrove forests of the Sunderbans.

Last book I read: The Pfieffer 2005 annual on Consulting. It was such a disappointment ! Only one article on the dangers of people jumping on the coaching bandwagon was of any significance.

Five books that mean a lot to me:

Flawless Consulting by Peter Block. Tells you how to actually apply your functional skills in an internal consulting role. Must read for all "staff" functions. My full review is up at Amazon.com.

Enabling Knowledge Creation: Nonaka's second book in English. I found it more useful than the first one. Shaped a lot of my thoughts on Knowledge and the futility of managing it.

Midnight's Children: Salman Rushdie's masterpiece. The best book I've ever read!

The Living Company: One of the clearest articulations of the shift in organizational theory, written by a practitioner, Arie de Geus.

The Foundation series by Issac Asimov. I'm a sci-fi fan, so choosing this over Rowling's or Tolkein's series was a close but easy decision :-)

The people tagged below have to answer the same questions I did, on his/her own blog and tag five more players.

Here goes, I'm tagging.....

Nimmy
Rashmi
Heather
Madhukar
and, Sanjay

No comments:

Post a Comment