Mar 23, 2007

Human Process work

One of the question that I always struggle to answer people who hear that I have gone to human process labs is "But what business use are they?"

Process work, or T-Group or Sensitivity Groups are all similar methodologies for "learning from living"

Now I merely have to point at Ed Batista's great post that explains the complex experience one goes through with amazing clarity and simplicity. And for theoretical learners like me, linking it to the double-loop learning principle.

In India, the organizations that do similar work are ISABS, Sumedhas and Aastha.

Remember, radical change and learning can happen only when assumptions are held up for questioning. It's an uncomfortable process when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, Gautam. I'd love to know more about how T-groups and other types of process work are done in India. My only experience with them has been in the U.S., but I've been in T-groups with people from Japan and Hong Kong, and working cross-culturally makes it both more challenging and more rewarding. I'll explore the sites of the organizations you mention in your post and will look forward to crossing paths again.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete