Jun 23, 2007

Management Models

It happens to me quite frequently... I want to explain something to someone with the help of a model and the details of the model completely escape me.

So I was quite excited when Willem Moolenburgh from Amsterdam mailed me about their service called ProvenModels. However my enthusiasm was soon deflated- the annual subscription for it is a steep 499 euros. The price of a corporate membership is higher.

Given those costs, I don't foresee the service taking off on a mass level, but for individual consultants who can afford it, it ought to be a useful service.

However, if I had to design a site like this I would flickrize it, so that anyone can comment and download. An annual fee is quite a lot of ask when there is no original content and most of the models can anyway be found after searching on the web.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I agree - there is a good collection here but the fees do not warrant it.

    I have found a new page developing the same for free
    For management models
    The site is thin on underpinning information but it looks like this is a work in progress to watch.

    Other great pages include:
    http://www.valuebasedmanagement.net
    http://www.12manage.com

    ReplyDelete