Nov 26, 2012

Career Advice to a young HR professional

Someone asked on Quora:

>What advice would you give to a young professional who is just starting his career in Human Resource?
I have just graduated from college and wondering what can I do to stay ahead of the curve and ensure my long term growth? I try to keep up with the latest trends in HR, Management and Technology, read the books that senior fellows recommend and also religiously follow HBR. But I find that many of my friends are also doing that. Also, I am not great at networking and find it difficult to strike up a relationship with strangers quickly. Will it prove to be a handicap?
This is what I answered:
Read Quote of Gautam Ghosh's answer to Human Resources: What advice would you give to a young professional who is just starting his career in Human Resource? on Quora