Dec 14, 2005

Your job landed here?

Rob the Businesspundit reviews Chad Fowler's book called My Job Went to India (And All I Got Was This Lousy Book).

The scary part of the review (for me personally) is this quote that Rob picks from the book:

When my wife and I moved to Bangalore, I was expecting to find likeminded technologists with a passion for learning. I was expecting a vibrant after-work life of user group meetings and deep, philosophical discussions on software development methodologies and techniques. I was expecting to find India’s Silicon Valley bursting at its seams with an overlow of artsians, enthusiastic in the pursuit of the great craft of software development.
What I found were a whole lot of people who were picking up a paycheck and a few incredibly passionate craftspeople.
Just like back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment