Dec 27, 2006

Mistaken Identity

I got a phone call from Singapore, and turned out that it was from one of these innovation centers.

Somebody apparently told them that I had started an IT consulting firm, so they wanted to talk to me as to how we could work together and they would feature me in some research and study. When I cleared that misconception and told them what I was into, the lady on the other end asked "So you really don't even interact with software vendors?"

"No", said I and then she hung up, quite dejected at having made a useless international call and no doubt thinking of strangling the nincompoop at Microsoft India who had given her the wrong information :-)

So if you are a young student, who's started an independent software consulting and services firm you know whom to contact :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment